Friday, July 31, 2015

My Pitch Wars Wish List!

What I'm looking for in my Pitch Wars inbox this year:

1. Middle grade, realistic contemporary

2. Heartfelt, classic, coming-of-age middle grade (Again, realistic contemporary!)

3. Literary writing. Attention to craft.

4. Music stories: band, orchestra, or choir

5. Dogs. Dolphins. Save-the-animals rescue stories.

6. A hint of magical realism, but nothing heavy-handed.

7. Spot-on MG voice

8. Characters who struggle with faith, or spirituality, or belief in something greater than themselves.

9. A story where the setting is almost a character in itself. Bonus points for a beach setting!

10. Verse: Lovely and lyrical, with tons of heart. (Last year I selected a novel-in-verse!)

Still wondering what types of books I love?  Check out my Pinterest board: (I read and LOVED every one of these titles!)

https://www.pinterest.com/stefwass/books-worth-reading/


What I am NOT looking for:
Fantasy, Historical, Science Fiction, Mystery, YA

Here's more info about me: (You can also visit my website: www.stefaniewass.com or find me on Twitter: @stefwass)

Stefanie Wass writes middle grade novels from her home in historic Hudson, Ohio. A member of SCBWI and finalist in the 2012 National Association of Elementary School Principals Book of the Year Contest, her nonfiction credits include the LA Times, Christian Science Monitor, Seattle Times, The Writer, Cleveland Magazine, Akron Beacon Journal, This I Believe, Cup of Comfort, and 15 Chicken Soup for the Soul anthologies. This will be Stefanie’s second year serving as a Pitch Wars mentor.


2015 Pitch Wars submission window will open August 17. Brenda Drake will announce the mentors’ picks on September 2. The agent round is November 3-4.

More info on how to submit: http://www.brenda-drake.com/pitch-wars/

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,

    I prefer literary over commercial. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your quick response, Stefanie! I really apprecaite it!

    Happy PitchWars!

    ReplyDelete